Lindsey + Clay

Engagement

Oh, where do I even start with these two?

By the time their engagement session got here, I was head over heels with Lindsey + Clay and we hadn’t even met yet!! Lindsey is one PERFECT bride and is SO detailed with everything she does! We still have a few months till their wedding and almost everything in the wedding planning process is done for them! I love that! Oh, and don’t even get me started on their adorable Save The Dates that they sent out!! They were MAGNETS!! WHAT?! SO CUTE!! They live all the way in ILLINOIS and drove a good 10-11 hours to Virginia for the engagement session and some much-needed wedding planning!!

For their engagement session, we decided to take it back all the way to where it all began with these two.. at Gifford Hall. Lindsey + Clay just knew it was fate for them to be together. Why? Because they BOTH had planned on going to other schools (Clay= UNC & Lindsey= Virginia Tech) but there were other plans set in place for the two of them. They both ended up at James Madison University their freshman year of college in the SAME dorm room. How much better could it get?! Later on during college after the two of them finally realized how much they actually liked each other, Clay got the nerve to ask this beautiful woman out. They grabbed coffee early one morning at 7:30AM BEFORE his class! That’s a big deal because they were college students. Getting up out of bed early on a school day just does NOT happen for something that isn’t important or life threatening.

Almost 9 nine years later, here we are today with them planning a wedding and getting ready to tie the knot this October 10th back where it started in Virginia! To celebrate their engagement, we just had to bring them back to JMU and visit all of their favorite spots on campus! Including the precious kissing rock, of course!! How could we resist?!

Spending the day with Lindsey + Clay at James Madison University was unforgettable! Especially the last set of photos that we did. Why? Because a lovely police officer was spying on us and even used his MICROPHONE to talk to them and pretend he was posing them! FUNNIEST thing that’s ever happened at an engagement session to this day. I was dying!!

Congratulations you two!! I can’t wait for your wedding!

1. Jamie says:

Just adorable!!! The light is so perfect! Wonderful work here!!

2. This session is so gorgeous Jessica!

3. Kate Ann says:

Lovely images! Seriously swooning over those ring shots!

4. Chantal says:

What a perfect engagement session! I love everything about it!!

5. venus blue says:

Great colors! Very clean and sharp photos. Lucky couple!

6. Bethanne says:

Such a cute couple!

7. I love the colors in these images! What a sweet couple.

8. Oana says:

I always love your photos Jessica, so airy and light. Beautiful colors. The couple looks so happy and I’m excited to see their wedding 🙂

9. GO DUKES! Love this location, and this session!

10. Jennifer Weems says:

these are beautiful! I love how every color including grass and flowers, match their outfits.

11. Alex says:

Beautiful session, Jessica! Please consider submitting it to The Learned Bride, I’d love to feature it!

12. Andrea says:

What a gorgeous couple! I love the locations andthe way her pink dress makes the engagement photos pop!

13. Lindsey Troup says:

So in love with these photos Jess! Thanks a million! Can’t wait til October 10!

14. Vaughn Barry says:

Beautiful pastel and light meld!

15. YAY! Congrats to these two! I love JMU and you did an amazing job of capturing its beauty and sharing their story!

16. Nicole Pettit says:

Jessica, this is one of the cutest stories ever! What an adorable way to capture the essence of their engagement! These are absolutely out of this world amazing, thank you so much for sharing!!

• Jessica Green says:

Don’t they seriously have the most unique and precious love story ever?! It was an amazing session to remember!! I can’t wait for their wedding!!

Your email address will not be published.

follow along for behind-the-scenes, PHOTOS of our FAMILY, and tons of SESSION advice!

@JESSICAGREENPHOTOGRAPHY

VIRGINIA MATERNITY and NEWBORN PHOTOGRAPHER

Jessica Green Photography provides a stress-free and luxury portrait experience for busy mamas at her studio is located in Warrenton, VA. She serves the greater DC and Northern Virginia areas. She is also available for travel to areas including but not limited to Fredericksburg, Gainesville, Manassas, Alexandria, Stafford, Leesburg, Arlington, Reston, Herndon, Vienna, and Woodbridge. Jessica photographs simple, organic, and timeless newborn, maternity, family, and milestone photography in her studio and on location.