I’m so excited to share with y’all that Colby and I are officially engaged and have picked a wedding date of October 15th, 2017! With that being said, I am so excited to pick up on my wedding planning series with a whole new insight as we plan our wedding! We will be sharing an array of tips, tricks, and fun facts that are all wedding-planning related to hopefully help influence your wedding-planning process and take a little stress off of your shoulders! And if you are a #Jessbride, don’t forget to reference to your bridal guide for more tips! 🙂
With all of that being said and done, today’s blog post continuing this series is all about preparing your bridemaids for the role they will play! I haven’t officially asked my bridesmaids yet because I am waiting for their gifts to be finished by Southern Grown Vintage! After they are finished, I will ask all of my bridesmaids the big question and have them consider the following:
1) They need to make sure they are committed to being there for all of the important events! Some of these events include the days you have set aside for dress shopping (if you want all of them there), bridal shower, bachelorette party, engagement party (if you choose to have one), the rehersal dinner, and the wedding (no brainer!). Give them these dates with plenty of notice so they know ahead of time and can figure it out with work if nececssary.
2) Something else they need to consider before committing to being a bridesmaid is the investment that goes with it. Bridesmaids are responsible for their dress & accessories that go with it. Give them an estimate price of how much all of that will cost so they can think about it reasonably. Also, give them an idea of how much the hair & makeup artist will charge.
3) They need to be willing to actually be there for you and help you wedding plan when you want the help. Make sure you can get ahold of them easily.
4) Remind them that this is you & your fiancé’s day and that they need to be happy for you and leave any drama at home for the weekend.
5) Tell them the color scheme and any ideas you have already!
6) Tell them any restrictions and whether they are going to have a plus one and who they will walk down the aisle with.
7) Tell them the hashtag so they can celebrate and share with you on social media!!
8) Remind them not to make any drastic body-alterations before the big day such as neon orange hair or tattoo sleeves on their arms, especially if they are wearing sleeveless gowns.
9) Make sure they are ready to have fun and celebrate this exciting time in your life! You only get married once!!
Thank you to Google and Kristina Wall for some of these tips! 🙂